Autolite GCO 4804 C Generator

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
31 Mar 2016 21:20 #30909 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Autolite GCO 4804 C Generator

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Kunena\Forum\Libraries\BBCode\KunenaBBCodeLibrary::renderEbayLayout(): Argument #1 ($ItemID) must be of type int, string given, called in /home/827734.cloudwaysapps.com/wqvptpacqq/public_html/libraries/kunena/src/BBCode/KunenaBBCode.php on line 304. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
30 Mar 2016 16:32 #30904 by 1748 S
Autolite GCO 4804 C Generator was created by 1748 S
I have seen plenty of Autolite generators over the years but can't say with certainty I have seen a "real" GCO 4804 C generator. On ebay now is an open car Cigarette Cream Cord but I think.. The generator is from another car type because the wire connectors are way off center. I can tell the regulator is not original but that is not what I want to know. I have seen the unmolested grey Cord that is being restored over in Europe. That car had a horrible cracked block. That generator appears to be correct but its very hard to know if you have never actually seen a correct generator. I do know what the brush plate end part number is and also the pulley number too. Can anyone post a pic of the correct generator. Please post as many pics as you can showing the wire connections orientation to the unit and the for sure the back brush plate. Thanks for any help. Its the good people here that continue to help with my restoration. I could do it without help but then it would be what fits or runs or looks ok. I do not want a "that will be fine" restoration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.