where to find double white wall tires

More
15 Nov 2015 17:08 #30589 by johnmereness
johnmereness replied the topic: Re: where to find double white wall tires
Did anyone call Diamond Back to see it they would apply a whitewall to the inside of a Firestone, Goodyear, or .... bias-ply tire ? Or call Coker or Kelsey to see if a run of double white bias-plys could be made again ?

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
22 Nov 2015 05:54 #30635 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic: Re: where to find double white wall tires
The word is blackwall. I know it seems like swearing to some, but my Auburn and soon my L-29 and Marmon 16 will all have blackwalls. If you pay attention to national concourses you will see blackwall's are in. No deducts for them, they don't yellow and one cleaning a year, if you feel like it. Most period street scene photos show very few whitewalls.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

More
15 Nov 2016 22:05 #31913 by Joel
Joel replied the topic: Re: where to find double white wall tires
dryesandno, yes that is my personal opinion. I am not a judge, and I do not write the rules. I drive my cars and they would never score well in judging.
All else being equal, I think a car with correct parts should be judged better than a car with incorrect parts. That's only fair. Some people don't drive their cars. The safety of original tires is not a concern. Some people will search the world for years to find the correct/original parts. That should be rewarded. If a participant chooses to drive his car, and add safer or more readily available parts, I think that's wonderful. But that enjoyment comes with a price. Sometimes you need to choose which game you want to excel at. Win shows, win races, enjoy driving, etc. It's hard to do it all with one car. Best regards, Joel

Edit: typo

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe

More
15 Nov 2016 22:14 #31914 by Curt Schulze
Curt Schulze replied the topic: Re: where to find double white wall tires
Well said Joel, well said !!

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds