Re-assembling Cord 1509 A Westchester

More
24 Oct 2013 22:57 #26185 by ilikescars
ilikescars replied the topic: Cord
Tom: This is the kind of thing some of us "gear heads" love to look at! Keep up the good progress.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Tom_Parkinson's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
29 Dec 2013 21:49 #26548 by Tom_Parkinson
Tom_Parkinson replied the topic:
Hi,

The simultaneous arrival of Winter and a heart attack on December 21 will postpone noticeable Cord work for a while. The body is now stored in my warehouse in order to allow inside winter garaging for my "real" car. (I hate scraping snow.) When Spring arrives the Cord will come back home for work directed to making it self-mobile by Auburn and Saugatuck.

While recuperating from the heart attack, I am upgrading my hopelessly obsolete 1950's Vernon milling machine with a DRO, adapting pieces to make it accept additional collets, and cataloging its tangled-belt maze of various spindle speeds. When done, it will be very serviceable. I hope I am serviceable as well!

Look for progress on 1509A come Spring!

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: http://mbcurl.me/YCSE

• Tom_Parkinson
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
08 Apr 2014 23:16 #27356 by Tom_Parkinson
Finally!

At long last, it appears that this never-to-end winter may have run its course. 1509A is coming home this week to the home garage from its winter warehouse storage spot. Work will start anew!

--Tom

Editor-in-Chief, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

• Tom_Parkinson
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
19 Jun 2014 20:17 #27719 by Tom_Parkinson
Well, after the ravages of a Biblically rough winter, thyroid surgery, and a Holiday Heart Attack, it's time to work on 1509A again.

I have three--make that FOUR-- questions concerning windows:

1. How is the windshield glass installed to the steel windshield frames? I have assumed that a glass-setting tape is used, but of what thickness?

2. How is the door glass installed to the glass channels in the regulators? Same setting tape? What thickness?

3. How are the rear windows set in place? I see gaskets from Steele or Metro, but are rubber gaskets correct?

4. How are the fuzzies (I have many feet of new Cord fuzzie material bought 30 years ago) installed to the doors and/or the window frames? Are there vertical channels to be installed? Does anyone have a drawing of what goes where, and how it's all attached?

MANY THANKS to those who sent get-well wishes! Now I have to get the CORD well also! I still want to drive this thing!

--Tom

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
19 Jun 2014 21:54 #27721 by Tim Gilmartin
Tim Gilmartin replied the topic: Cord resto
Tom: rear windows are glued in, yes, glued in! No rubber on the rear windows.
Tim.[/i]

More
20 Jun 2014 03:13 #27724 by 1748 S
1748 S replied the topic:
What type of glue holds the rear windows in place. Is it black RTV???

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds