Skip to main content

Trico vacuum tank

• Jack Richard
  • Registered
More
09 May 2004 01:39 #1716 by Jack Richard
Replied by Jack Richard on topic Trico vacuum tank
Josh-
I found and restored a trico vacuum reserve tank, I don't know if it is the same that was advertised and sold by Auburn.

Jack Richard

Jack Richard, D.D.S. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
03 May 2004 20:53 #1688 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Reserve Vacuum Storage Tank
Josh-

Paul Bryant's Cabriolet had a "Trico" vacuum tank on it. It was a half round stamped steel affair with a flange all around the edges. It had a one way valve on the intake side and a 2nd take off to attach into the cars vacuum system. It was mounted to the driver's side of the flat front floor. From memory it was between 18 and 20 inches long and about 4" deep with rounded ends. Several of the above serial number 25 Tuckers had these under the rear floor.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• E L
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
02 May 2004 23:38 #1682 by E L
Replied by E L on topic Trico vacuum tank
Hello Josh,
Contact John Bill at the ACD Museum. His Beverly has a vacuum tank that may be what your are looking for.
CORDially, George

• Josh Malks
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
02 May 2004 15:31 #1681 by Josh Malks
Trico vacuum tank was created by Josh Malks
In July 1937 Cord dealers offered an accessory "reserve vacuum storage tank" to boost the wipers during acceleration. Part number was N29245.

While I have descriptions and sketches of this tank, which appears to have looked like a half-cylinder, I have never seen a real one. Does anyone have one? Or photographs of one? T'would be a fun piece of info for the Newsletter.

Thanks.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com