Fuzzy Strip Installation on a Phaeton

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
06 Apr 2004 15:48 #1541 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Fuzzy Strip
Pat-

There is a clip that does not go thru the fuzzy but has like small fingers that grip it from the lower beaded edge and then snap into the holes. You may have to back up and rework the door opening if it has been filled in with lead. Ford vendors usually have these clips. I do not know of any thinner half channel. Be sure to install it with the fabric covered bead, up.

I hope this helps,

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Patrick E. Hart
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
06 Apr 2004 02:37 #1540 by Patrick E. Hart
Fuzzy Strip Installation on a Phaeton was created by Patrick E. Hart
I am attempting to install new fuzzy strips on the door window opening on an early phaeton. However when in place, the metal strip on the fuzzy strip drags against the lower stainless window channel causing undesirable scratches on the channel. I have tried gluing in the fuzzy strips rather than using the original push-in clips but that does not solve the problem. I have ordered stips from the usual Cord suppliers but fuzzy strips from both of them cause the same problem. It is as though the strips are too thick or the channel opening in the door is too narrow. Any advice or suggestions on how to slolve the problem? Thanks in advance for the help. Patrick Hart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.