Skip to main content

Westchester door panel clips

• R Coleman
  • Registered
More
22 Jan 2004 03:21 #1217 by R Coleman
Replied by R Coleman on topic Upholstery needs
Call Rick Hulett for all of your upholstery questions and needs.
913-362-8223

Bob
810 2350H
812 31649S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jack Richard
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
22 Jan 2004 02:32 #1216 by Jack Richard
Replied by Jack Richard on topic Cord Westchester door panels
I have some photos of the original style door panels if that would help. My originals are in such bad shape they wouldn't make good patterns. If you are missing the door panels, the hardest parts to find will be the trim strips which go across them below the window garnish mouldings, and the arm rests. You can email me at <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url].
Jack

Jack Richard, D.D.S. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• jpsands
  • Visitor
22 Jan 2004 01:48 #1215 by jpsands
Replied by jpsands on topic Westchester Door Panels
While we're on the subject, I have a similar problem. I have most of the upholstery for my 36 Weschester, in very worn torn condition, with the exception of the door panels, and I wonder if anyone out there has patterns for these that I could copy or purchase. I also understand that some or all of the Westchesters had door pockets and believe that Stan Gilliland sells these, or patterns for them. But I have no idea of how the doors were upholstered. Any help?
John Sands

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
17 Jan 2004 01:47 #1204 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Westchester door panel clips
Restoration Specialties and Supply Inc. has a number of clips in their catalog one of which should work. They also have other good stuff like hose clamps, etc. Their web site is: www.restorationspecialties.com

Tom

• Pat Leahy
  • Registered
More
16 Jan 2004 21:42 #1203 by Pat Leahy
Replied by Pat Leahy on topic door panel clips
Although they are not authentic, you can use a modern plastic barbed door clip from NAPA. I have them on my car and they cannot be seen unless you try to pry the door panel out. You can removed the panel easily with a proper tool and it will hold the panel tight. The panel side has a double flange, holding it through a hole (1/4" to 3/8" ) tightly.

Pat Leahy

• Jack Richard
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 Jan 2004 18:27 #1201 by Jack Richard
Westchester door panel clips was created by Jack Richard
Hello,
I am restoring a 36 Westchester, and have the original door panels (bad shape) but not the clips used to hold it on the door. It appears the originals were attached to metal rectangles which were held to the panel by four pointed bits which were bent over on the back. I am unable to find any reproductions which are like this, can anyone advise the best alternative to use for clips? I am familiar with the type used on Model A Fords which clip into a hole in the panels, perhaps this is an alternative.

Thanks,
Jack Richard

Jack Richard, D.D.S. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.