Skip to main content

Fender patch panels?

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
08 Jul 2003 19:24 #456 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Patch Panels
No one has made patches for the rear fenders. We have patches for the front fender in the bumper mounting area.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
06 Jul 2003 15:20 #447 by Tom_Parkinson
Fender patch panels? was created by Tom_Parkinson
Hi All,

My 54-year project has gathered steam once more, and I am starting in earnest to do the required body work. I have been blessed with pristine front fenders, but among the half dozen rear fenders I have accumulated, only one still has the bottom rear edge of its sheetmetal.

I stopped by the museum yesterday and photographed the configuration of the bottom rear edges of the cars there, and concluded that my life would be made immeasurably simpler if someone had, sometime over the years, fabricated or produced patch panel kits for this oft-rusted away part of the car.

I am hoping to bring the car to Auburn again this year so that those who have followed its slowprogress can see that I am actually proceeding, but frankly after being stuck out in the driveway of the recycling center last Festival (while the Plasti-cars WERE in the park!), I won't be bringing the car unless it is clear that trailered in-process cars will be allowed full member status and a place IN the park.

Many thanks to those who have been of assistance in my project.

--Tom Parkinson, Mishawaka, IN

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.