1937 cord coupe convertable

• Al Hatch
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
25 Jun 2005 01:20 #3274 by Al Hatch
Replied by Al Hatch on topic 1937 cord coupe convertable
Hi Bill,

Of course; I would be disappointed if you and your car were not there!

We want 50 convertible coupes at Auburn this year regardless of there condition, restored, unrestored, partially restored, modified and non-original. All are welcome. See you in a short eight weeks.

CORDially,

Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • Registered
More
23 Jun 2005 22:00 #3268 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Year of the Cabriolet
Can I bring my mutt?

• Al Hatch
  • Registered
More
23 Jun 2005 19:07 #3267 by Al Hatch
Replied by Al Hatch on topic 1937 cord coupe convertable
Hi Vince,

You pose an interesting question regarding the engine swap. There is no doubt that S/C Cords have a higher value but there is one thing that you failed to mentioned. What is the year of the convertible coupe and the year of the Westchester? If the convertible is a '36 supercharging was not available in as much as it was not introduced until '37. On the other hand, if your Westchester is a '37, a blown '37 Westchester is a rarity in its own right. I have been told that there were approximately 65 blown Westchesters built. I am not sure of this number and sure that some of our members have the actual number committed to memory.

I know one's qut reaction is to do the engine swap but you might want to sleep on the idea for awhile. Keep in mind, if your car is a '36 conv. cpe, S/C was not available and furthermore, the documentation on what conv. cpe's. came with S/C's is pretty solid.

Just another opinion for what it is worth.

CORDially,

Al Hatch

P.S. In as much as this is the year for the Cord Convertible Coupe, please make every effort to get it to our annual reunion in Auburn regardless of its condition. See you there.

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
23 Jun 2005 04:57 #3266 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic engine swap
I have heard that a supercharged Cord has a value approx. 50% over a standard model. I S'pose an engine swap could only increase the value of your converible. Mark

• vince
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
21 Jun 2005 22:12 #3255 by vince
1937 cord coupe convertable was created by vince
I just acquired this beautiful automobile and found that it has an 810 motor in it. I was curious. I have an 812 motor that is super charged and it was from a Westchester. I have both cars and wanted to switch the 812 to the coupe and the 810 to the Westchester. By doing this will I be messing up the value of the coupe or enhancing it? I would be restoring both cars to their original condition as far as engines and equipment. I'm very new at this but love the Cord automobile and would like to carry on the originality of the car and not modify it in any way. HELP!!! Any info about this project would be most helpful. Thank you all for your infinite patience with a novice car nut. Vince