The Cord Chassis

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
09 Feb 2005 14:59 #2828 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic The Cord Chassis
Josh,
One thing to mention is that the double cups for the suspension arm outer bearing are virtually extinct. We have had to go to single cups and machined spacers which work just as well but takes a little more time.
Since the inner needle bearing is a zero rpm bearing, it crumbles or works into the races in time. Adding lubercation features to these bearings is important to extend their life. Also I think it's worth mentioning that the mounting blocks for the outer bearings are numbered to match the frame and have right & left on them. We find no need to beef up the chassis like their heavy duty version on our roads today.
Put their money in good wheels and radials tires.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dougklink
  • Registered
More
07 Feb 2005 14:12 #2821 by dougklink
Replied by dougklink on topic Chassis
I would be very interested in seeing a reprint of that series.

Doug Klink
Estes Park, Colorado

812 S/C Phaeton

• Kevin_Reed
  • Registered
More
03 Feb 2005 20:35 #2812 by Kevin_Reed
Replied by Kevin_Reed on topic Cord Chassis info
Josh,

This is terrififc amd sincerely appreciated. As a member of the next generation of Cord enthusiasts, this would be extremely helpful for those of us learning about the cars and keeping them on the road.

Thanks

Kevin

• Josh Malks
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
03 Feb 2005 16:48 #2810 by Josh Malks
The Cord Chassis was created by Josh Malks
The number of new Cord owners (and some old ones) now working toward putting their cars on the road is very encouraging. I get the feeling, from some of the questions and responses on this website, that more information would be welcomed.

About thirteen years ago our Newsletter printed my 3-part series on the Cord chassis. It covered design, maintenance and upgrades. While I think the series was pretty good and pretty accurate, we've learned even more since.

I plan to update the text, add some new graphics and reprint it in the spring of this year.

Would welcome your thoughts.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com