6 volt Batt

More
11 May 2017 16:07 #32913 by Curt Schulze
Curt Schulze replied the topic: 6 volt Batt
I used to use red top Optima's, but now prefer the top of the line NAPA battery. A USL tag could be made from the above pix.
I do have one of those empty cases left that John refers to, if you want to go down that road.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2017 16:22 #32914 by johnmereness
johnmereness replied the topic: 6 volt Batt
When my parents lived in Jacksonville, FL and Dad was having health problems, I needed to call one of their neighbors to replace the battery in my 1941 Cadillac 60 Special Fleetwood - a car I sent down there as it was much easier to drive than their cars. Unfortunately, the battery in a 1941 Cadillac is well buried under hood by the passengers side cowl/frame rail and even with a battery strap is no picnic to get in or out, so I switched all the cars to optima battery at that time as you can pick an Optima up with a single hand and .....

JMM

More
11 May 2017 16:40 #32915 by johnmereness
johnmereness replied the topic: 6 volt Batt
Example of B.F. Goodrich tires - the dual Diamonds help ID in vintage photos. I want to say Vogue used two eagles, Firestone the shield with an "f" in it, and .....

JMM
Attachments:

More
11 May 2017 17:56 #32917 by 1748 S
1748 S replied the topic: 6 volt Batt
This appears to be a 1936 show car. Its clearly seen this has the voltage regulator on top of the generator. The oil and water come from the cowl vent and there is a small carb air filter on it. also this engine exhaust does not have any asbestos wrap on the header pipes. Don't know what the lady was wearing but sure looks like it was cold there.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds