Skip to main content

Auburn delivery to Sydney NSW 1927 to 1929

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
28 Apr 2016 13:39 #31019 by 1748 S
History like this fascinates me. A few years ago my wife and I looked up how my relatives immigrated from England to New Zealand and then to California by steam ship. Such long days at sea and when they were close to an island they sent several horses overboard to swim to shore!!!. Sounds barbaric but there was no dock for the horses it said. Grandma was horrified watching this but she wrote that all horses made it to shore just the same. Most any history interests me. Knowing what cars and ships plus even body colors is very interesting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bruce Beattie
  • Registered
More
28 Apr 2016 08:52 #31018 by Bruce Beattie
Replied by Bruce Beattie on topic Re: Auburn delivery to Sydney NSW 1927 to 1929
Thanks Randy..I will let him know (if he doesn't already?). He'll be thrilled to hear of it.

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
26 Apr 2016 23:58 #31012 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Re: Auburn delivery to Sydney NSW 1927 to 1929
Hello. I went through my owner summary and found 32 cars of these years 1927-1929 and only found one listed by serial number 2981724 a 6-76 sedan belonging to Peter Myers in Queensland. Randy

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
26 Apr 2016 15:05 #31010 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Re: Auburn delivery to Sydney NSW 1927 to 1929
Good day Greatttttttt stuff keep digging. R

• auburnandyscar
  • Registered
More
26 Apr 2016 02:09 #31005 by auburnandyscar
Replied by auburnandyscar on topic Re: Auburn delivery to Sydney NSW 1927 to 1929
That is a lot more cars than I had thought going to Australia! very interesting! :D

Check out my build at:
www.1932auburnsedan.com

• Bruce Beattie
  • Registered
More
25 Apr 2016 07:28 #31002 by Bruce Beattie
Replied by Bruce Beattie on topic Re: Auburn delivery to Sydney NSW 1927 to 1929
Some amazing pieces of history in there. Unfortunately none of my 5 engines are included. It would appear that mine came out here to Australia earlier? Thankyou Ivor for posting this. I was somewhat excited for a few minutes. :D

• Ivor
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Apr 2016 01:41 #30999 by Ivor
A friend in the ACD club Greg Stokes recently purchased some original Auburn dealers documents and among them was the attached Auburn delivery information from about 1927 to 1929 for the port of Sydney NSW Australia. There are duplications on two of the sheets but I have included both as some information on one is easier to read than the other. The information shows Chassis number, engine number, model, type and sometimes colour, Ship used, the owner and date. It will be interesting to see if there are any survivors still in Australia or elsewhere. For those interested in maritime I also found the information from researching the history of the ships used good reading also. I hope you find them as interesting as I did.
Attachments: