Skip to main content

1935/1936 Auburn six cylinder parts car

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
29 Dec 2015 13:07 #30765 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Re: 1935/1936 Auburn six cylinder parts car
Mike, yes the OD of the axles are smaller, otherwise it is the same diff. There is an early and late style of Dual Ratio the change over was in 2/35, this is an early style.

Chris, I am [i:2mzdf0hh]almost[/i:2mzdf0hh] sure it is a six, from the appearance of the brake drum. The brake hardware is not considered a part of the diff. Be sure all of the teeth are on the ring and pinion. Also look in the center section in the planetary and inspect for cracks. See att pix.

I get a HTTP error and can not post pix on this site. 330 KB should not be too big. FRUSTRATING!!

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wheelsandthings
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
29 Dec 2015 06:07 #30764 by wheelsandthings
Replied by wheelsandthings on topic Re: 1935/1936 Auburn six cylinder parts car
Thank you curt for your valuable advice and information.i will have a look at dual ratio and determine if has as the internal pieces in the right places.Its in storage when i go over i will have a look with all those measurements to determine if its a six or eights.When i went to buy it i misunderstood and thought it was a eight .The kind person pointed out to me it was a six, i bought it any way ,as it turned out that opened the door for all my other auburn parts,so i and grateful.Hope it turns out to be a eight.Regards Chris

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
29 Dec 2015 05:41 #30762 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Re: 1935/1936 Auburn six cylinder parts car
Curt, Are the bearings and seals different because the axles are smaller in Dia.? I presume the axles are not shorter because then the housing would be different also.
Cordially Mike

Mike Huffman

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
29 Dec 2015 00:14 #30759 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Re: 1935/1936 Auburn six cylinder parts car
Hey Chris:
Good luck with the sale of your six cylinder parts. You may want to put an auction up on the Down Under version of eBay as well. It may also be a good idea to go into that dual ratio and determine if it still has all the internal pieces in the right places. 6 cylinder DR's are the same as 8's except for the axle 1/2 shafts,bearings & seals.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• wheelsandthings
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
28 Dec 2015 05:21 #30758 by wheelsandthings
Replied by wheelsandthings on topic Re: 1935/1936 Auburn six cylinder parts car
You are an inspirational person, thank you for showing your site of your 32 Auburn sedan. It just goes to show if you have the determination and know how and know what you want or picture the end results nothing is impossible. Your site is very useful with a lot of tips. I will use your tip on the rear springs on my 35/36 straight eight. Unfortunately im not as good as you at mechanical work.
I'm only good at collecting but not bad at woodwork, so hopefully in a year i will post my straight eight with a 36 boatail wooden buck on it. Im glad you liked the picture of my parts car. Happy collecting.

• auburnandyscar
  • Registered
More
28 Dec 2015 03:41 #30757 by auburnandyscar
Replied by auburnandyscar on topic Re: 1935/1936 Auburn six cylinder parts car
It is always fun to see parts cars,and especially cars that were exported.

"If only they could talk"

Check out my build at:
www.1932auburnsedan.com

• wheelsandthings
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
26 Dec 2015 04:08 #30754 by wheelsandthings
1935/1936 Auburn six cylinder parts car was created by wheelsandthings
This is my third project car,a 1935 /1936 Auburn six (parts mainly).Has i have to many projects i placed this on gum Tree Australia yesterday for $4,200 Australian to be picked up only.I KNOW THIS IS NOT A FOR SALES COLUMN)PS the front guards are not included,as i might put them on my 35/36 straight eight or copy a pattern of them in wood and taper the end in so i have a wooden buck to make two front boat tail mudguards in metal.if i make the guards i could sell to seller of the parts latter on.So my question is this a restoration project for a young Enthusiastic Person in Australia with a lot of time on his hands and a lot of skills or should this go on the scrap heap,and i put in add the rusty cowl is for pattern only but with a lot of work could that be restored as well the diff has 34 written on it in yellow marker.
Another general question i have is as these cars get older and older the parts cars or mainly parts that are being offered for sale are they becoming less viable restoration project as the skills needed have been lost or not past down the the younger generation and as time goes by just stay parts cars and eventually be scraped off. Happy Auburn collecting from wheels and things down under.I have a big passion at the moment for auburn parts collecting but i have come the realization that i don't have enough hours in my life to restore all these collected Auburn relics. chassis three artillery wheels bonnet missing crome strips rusty cowl for pattern 1934 columbia two speed diff.
Attachments: