Skip to main content

Tire Size

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
03 Aug 2015 02:36 #29992 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Re: Tire Size
Beware of side mount clearance! Check if the door can be opened with the new tire in the fender side mount. This problem has happened several times with L-29 Cords.
Cordially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
30 Jul 2015 17:30 #29975 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Re: Tire Size
Keep in mind that reproduction tires are not always really sized correctly. That being said, a larger tire also looks a little better on an Auburn, though they become a "bear" of a problem with metal sidemount and rear mount tire covers. In 1935 - 1936 you had an optional larger tire - look and see if the same for 31. Notice how nice an orifginal picture of a 31 or 32 is with double white walls - the tires tend to be a little larger than what was delivered from the factory (fill the wheel opennings better)

JMM

• michael arata
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Jul 2015 23:54 #29941 by michael arata
Replied by michael arata on topic Re: Tire Size
I spoke to John Bill this AM and he was kind enough to do some research on the subject of tire size for my car. The 6.00-17 is the tire recommended by the manufacturer. Thanks again, John. MA

• michael arata
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
18 Jul 2015 14:04 #29919 by michael arata
Tire Size was created by michael arata
I recently ordered 2 new tires for my 1931 Auburn 898-A. These are Firestone tires 6.00-6.5-17. I am not certain if I ordered the right ones and may have made a mistake and possibly should have ordered 7.00-17 I think. Could you let me know what are the proper tires for this car? Would there be a problem driving the car with the 6.00-6.5 ? or should I order the 7.00 ? Thanks for your advice. MA