My 1930 Auburn 8-95 project car

• barwick27
  • barwick27's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
16 Sep 2013 10:32 - 07 Aug 2017 11:13 #25949 by barwick27
barwick27 replied the topic: 1930 Auburn 8-95
I thought I would update my posts with a few more photos...since the last post.

We've had to replace some of the rotten wood, it's a shame all of this work will be covered once the sheet metal is on the body.

It was around this that I started to think of paint...

...and started playing with photoshop a little and ended up with a red & black combination

The wheel were the first colour test

So now it was back to more work on the body, the more we dug the more needed replacing...but we are almost there

With the help and patience of Neal Ziff we were able to look at his car, take measurements and generally use it as a source of reference during the restoration of my car...

I'm going down to see the car in the morning and will post some fresh photos soon, but for now here are two of the latest photos showing work to the top structure...it finally has a convertible top frame again...

Thanks

Peter
Last Edit: 07 Aug 2017 11:13 by barwick27.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• auburnandyscar
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
16 Sep 2013 16:36 #25950 by auburnandyscar
auburnandyscar replied the topic:
coming along nicely. I always like to see build photos.

Check out my build at:
www.1932auburnsedan.com

More
16 Sep 2013 17:06 #25952 by 1748 S
1748 S replied the topic:
Nice progress on the car. Yes, its true all the fine woodwork will not be seen when it done. Glad your moving forwards on the project too. I enjoy seeing the great pics too...

• barwick27
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
17 Sep 2013 12:41 - 07 Aug 2017 11:14 #25957 by barwick27
barwick27 replied the topic: 1930 Auburn 8-95
Thanks for the comments...I went down to see the car again yesterday and it's coming along nicely...still lots to do in putting together this giant jig-saw puzzle back together again. The woodwork is just held together with a few screws at the moment and not glued until everything is aligned and adjusted...as you never know what you might have to redo as it comes together.
Last Edit: 07 Aug 2017 11:14 by barwick27.

• barwick27
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
17 Sep 2013 12:52 #25958 by barwick27
barwick27 replied the topic:
One thing I forgot to mention is that I need some help...please.

With the top frame hinge, is the chrome nut on the outside or the inside?, see the photos below. Do any of you have any photos of this top hinge?

For me, it looks like it should be on the outside as the bend in the arm looks like it should avoid the wood...in the other photo it looks too tight, but that's only because we are testing it at the moment and nothing is fixture perminantly yet...still lots of adjustments going on.

...here is the original section the top arm/hinge bolts too, but we don't know if there is anything missing as this is all that was on the car...

...and here is a photo from the other side of the car

More
17 Sep 2013 18:32 #25960 by 61xlch
61xlch replied the topic:
Good job, still a long way to go...
I also checked the color combination by photo shop. Black-Red is a tough combination. I made some sample doors and fenders frome the bone yard. You will be surprised about the difference between a small sample and a complete panel. Finally I did go for a kind of brown-red, because the first choice "carmin red" was far too bright. Keep in mind, the colors were much more decent those days.

Keep us posted.

Andreas

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds