Skip to main content

Ignition Points

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
09 Apr 2004 15:55 #1562 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Ignition Points
We stock Delco dual points and ignition parts for all years of Auburns. They fit in 3 year cycles in most cases. 1928-30, 1931-33 Delco, and 1934-36 Autolite 8 cylinders. You must be careful as many are incorrect and a lot of the parts books do not give correct data for our cars.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
09 Apr 2004 01:51 #1561 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic Ignition Points
You can get a distributor cap @ Napa that will work on the GU engine's Delco distributor, but it won't work with the plug wire loom. It also fits straight eight Buicks.

Mike

Mike
8-100A

• samsonized
  • Registered
More
09 Apr 2004 01:46 #1560 by samsonized
Replied by samsonized on topic points
the points you buy at a napa store have to be modified to work they are not correct. the cap is also different

• Al Hatch
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
08 Apr 2004 19:59 #1558 by Al Hatch
Replied by Al Hatch on topic Ignition Points
John,

Try going to your local NAPA auto parts store. I know for a fact, that they can get point, condensor, dist. cap, etc. for the '34-'36 6&8 Auburns. Althorough I am not an Auburn authority, I don't think there is any difference in the ignition system of a '33 8 to that of a 34/6 8. I also picked a spare coil while I was a the NAPA dealer. The dealer in Auburn, Indiana told me he stocks up on the 6-volt stuff just before Labor Day weekend and I got to tell you the prices are very reasonable. Good luck.

Al Hatch

• samsonized
  • Registered
More
07 Apr 2004 11:10 #1552 by samsonized
Replied by samsonized on topic points
i have 10 new dual sets i just purchased still in the box. each box has a set of two points in it <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
07 Apr 2004 00:31 #1546 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic Ignition Points
There was a guy selling "half a set" on ebay recently. I pick mine up where I can find them, swap meets etc. Stan Gilliand may be able to help you.

Mike

Mike
8-100A

• John Trittschuh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
06 Apr 2004 21:06 #1544 by John Trittschuh
Ignition Points was created by John Trittschuh
I will soon need to replace the points for my 1933 Auburn Phaeton 105A ignition system. Just replaced the wiring. Where does one get these points? Are they something from local parts store or do I need special ones? Incidentially, just got an 8 Volt battery and it makes a world of difference for starting. I'm told by the battery sales people to use a 12 Volt charger for this but use manual charge for short (4 hour) charge time, correct? Can 8 Volt battery be left in car for show judging or do I need to switch back to 6 Volt for that to avoid loss of points.