Skip to main content

898-A Battery question

• Visitor
03 May 2008 00:39 #9984 by
Replied by on topic 898-A Battery question
I assume you are trying to charge the battery by hooking the charger to the terminal at the starter. Is there a battery disconnect switch? Pete Kelly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hank Reus
  • Visitor
02 May 2008 23:41 #9983 by Hank Reus
Replied by Hank Reus on topic 1931 Auburn 898-A
Dear Dr. Miller , I've just finished a lot of restoration work on my '31 Auburn 8-98 A and, If I can be of any help with questions or information about the cars or help you to solve any problems getting it back in running condition ,please feel free to contact me and I will due my best to help you along . I've enclosed my telephone number for you convenience ;410-377-2512 , and you can get my address from the roster . I might also add , best of luck with the car , Hank Reus

• Steve Miller
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
29 Apr 2008 17:33 #9953 by Steve Miller
Replied by Steve Miller on topic 898-A Battery question
Thanks I'll give that a try

ACD Club Life Member
If it ain't six volt, I'm probably not interested

More
29 Apr 2008 17:00 #9950 by sds1861
Replied by sds1861 on topic 898-A Battery question
Hello Steve:
The lower front seat cushion is easily removable by pushing the front of it back sharply and lifting up at the same time. That will release the cushion and it can be completely removed out the door on either side of the car. You will then find a wooden door in the floor board under the passenger seat that can now be removed to reveal the battery. If the battery is more than three years old, you should go ahead and replace it.
Best regards,
Steve Stevens

• Steve Miller
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
29 Apr 2008 13:12 #9939 by Steve Miller
898-A Battery question was created by Steve Miller
Hello to all, I'm a new guy to the forum and need some help with a battery. I inherited my Dad's (Blaine Miller) 1931 898-A sedan when he passed away last Nov. It is setting in my Mom's garage and I cannot get the battery to charge. I know it's (+) ground and how to hook up everything correctly but I think it may be low or out of acid and I'd like to check it but I can't figure out how to get to the darn thing. I know it's located under the front seat floorboard, but how do you get the seat out of the way? Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but I appreciate any help.
If I may I would like to tell you a little about Dad's car. He purchased it in Oct 1955 for $150, he was the 3rd owner. It was a dark blue I believe, and he had it painted black after he bought it. In the late 70's early 80's he restored it and painted it two tone brown. The interior is all original and it has about 53K miles on it. It runs a little hot, and he didn't get it out much, but it did turn heads when he did.
Dad joined the ACD club in 1980 and went to every meet in Auburn for the next 27 years. He was a pretty quiet man, and didn't attend the social gatherings, he just loved to look at the ACD cars in the museum and at Elkhart Park on Saturdays before the parade. I'm going to try and attach a couple photos with any luck
Once again, thanks for any help with the battery question.

ACD Club Life Member
If it ain't six volt, I'm probably not interested