Running Board Mouldings

• Frank Guzik
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
23 May 2006 22:01 #4860 by Frank Guzik
Replied by Frank Guzik on topic Running Board Mouldings
Hi Mike,
I looked up my receipts, found I bought my running board moldings at L&L Antique Auto Trim also. Worked great. Frank

Frank Guzik
1931 Auburn 898-A
Auburn IN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kevin
  • Visitor
21 May 2006 20:15 #4852 by Kevin
Replied by Kevin on topic Running Board Mouldings
Hello Mike,

Carl is right on the mark, I have used L&L before and have been very satisfied with their product.

Good Luck,

Kevin

More
21 May 2006 19:29 #4850 by C.R.D.
Replied by C.R.D. on topic Running Board Mouldings+
Hi Mike,
L&L Antique Auto Trim used to carry runningboard mouldings for 1928-1935 Auburns. I have never purchased or seen the finished running board mouldings, but I have used there drip moulding. There address and phone number is: L&L Antique Auto Trim
403 Spruce
P.O. Box 177
Pierce City, Missouri 65723
417-476-2871
Good luck and hope this helps.
Carl

• michael arata
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 May 2006 02:25 #4813 by michael arata
Replied by michael arata on topic Moldings
Frank, I called Broadstreet today. He does handle the runningboard covers but no longer deals with the molding strips. I need the strips to secure the runningboard covers. All suggestions appreciated. Still looking. MA

• Frank Guzik
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
14 May 2006 20:02 #4810 by Frank Guzik
Replied by Frank Guzik on topic Runningboard cover
Hi Mike,
I got my through Northfield Ent in Northfield OH. Rand Broadstreet is the contact. You can reach him at 440.786.8141 or <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]. He has the correct one piece cover. Say, the Auburn is back home, we will have to get together. I'll give you a call. Frank

Frank Guzik
1931 Auburn 898-A
Auburn IN

• mason maynard
  • Registered
More
12 May 2006 04:00 #4805 by mason maynard
Replied by mason maynard on topic running board mouldings
in the search for running board rubber i found a company that impled they make the metal parts for the boards. northfield forming, i think, was the name of the co. i need to contact them myself. their in ohio. good luck.mm

• Ken Neill
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
08 May 2006 22:52 #4795 by Ken Neill
Replied by Ken Neill on topic Running Board Mouldings
I need a set of these and a lot of 31=33s I have seen could use some. I dont even have some old ones I could take around to job shops to show them and get an idea if they can make them up. I was just told a couple of hours ago by a relative who is now retired but used to do restorations on Vettes and old muscle cars that these shouldnt be too difficult to make---if you have patterns. I would be suprised if a competent vendor couldnt be found to make up a couple pairs of these for an acceptable price!

• michael arata
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
07 May 2006 12:18 #4790 by michael arata
Running Board Mouldings was created by michael arata
I just received a returned check from Auburn/ Cord Parts, Wellington, Kansas. I recently ordered wide and narrow running board moldings for my 1931 Auburn 898-A Part numbers 1608 and 1612.

The supplier has sold out and the new owner does not think it is profitable to make small runs. They will no longer do moldings unless AC Parts places a larger order. They are reluctant to do so as these parts are not in high demand.

So, I need some advice where I might pick up these items. Can they be made ? Any other suppliers out there ? Any advice would be appreciated. M. Arata