Skip to main content

1933 Auburn - Edden Body??

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
30 Jun 2021 21:28 #43435 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic 1933 Auburn - Edden Body??
So many of these body shops of the late 30s fortys and fiftys were just body shops doing custom work not Coachbuilders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2021 13:27 #43434 by Teeds
Replied by Teeds on topic 1933 Auburn - Edden Body??
Terry, thank you so much for the information on Stan. We'll follow up and post our findings.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
29 Jun 2021 07:34 #43423 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic 1933 Auburn - Edden Body??
Try contacting Auburn Car Historian Stan Gilliland at Auburn Cord Parts in Kansas. Stan does not get into the Forums however he is a walking encyclopedia on most things connected with either Auburns or Cords.
Post Stan's comments they should be interesting.

T cockerell

More
28 Jun 2021 13:26 #43411 by Teeds
Replied by Teeds on topic 1933 Auburn - Edden Body??
Hello, were there any responses to your question above? It's been a few years but I'm trying to learn more about a 1932 Auburn with Edden body I currently have. Would appreciate any information.
Teeds

• HorsepowerEnterprises
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
22 Mar 2006 16:33 #4573 by HorsepowerEnterprises
1933 Auburn - Edden Body?? was created by HorsepowerEnterprises
Hello All,
I own a classic car restoration shop in Lancaster, PA and recently had someone bring in a 1933 Auburn with an Edden Body for mechanical work and a possible restoration. The car is a two door cabriolet with a straight eight motor. We are attempting to find any and all information about the car and specifically this Edden body. I have contacted my local Auburn experts and scoured the internet for information on Edden, but can't find anything. The owner tells me Edden was a custom coach company at the time it was built. I would be happy to forward photos of the car to anyone who might have information as to the historical significance of this car. We have looked for any identifying marks on the chassis, but found nothing. The only identifying marker is the engine tag and three Edden Body badges. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Richard