Skip to main content

851 SC Speedster

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
15 Nov 2005 14:54 #3964 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic Speedsters
Brent & Bill: I, too, have been watching the various speedsters come up for auction for the last three years. I checked on the one in Nevada, and it looked like they were doing a nice job of restoration. They wanted more $ than I wanted to spend at the time.
I finally bought one that is complete and a nice older restoration for under $280,000. I think these cars will probably remain in this range or higher, due to the high demand.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
15 Nov 2005 05:21 #3962 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic 1935 Speedster
I know of a near [u:214j671o]perfect[/u:214j671o] one in Reno, Nevada. It was on consignment at Adams Custom Engines. Ask for Everett Adams. I saw it earlier this year. It may still be there.

• dryesandno
  • Registered
More
15 Nov 2005 03:11 #3957 by dryesandno
Replied by dryesandno on topic 851 s/c speedster
david

were you looking at the yellow one that sold in the H & H auction. if so now you know the price. about $370,000 US. but it was near perfect.
i was there and almost bid. bought the cord sportsman instead as i thought this price was pretty heady. but sometimes i lay awake thinking that i should have sprung for auburn as it was one of the best restorations of this marque that i have seen for sale in the past few years.

looked especially good in the yellow which is my favourite colour for these cars. i just didn't like the brown interior and the brown pinstriping. thought it should be maroon to better complement the yellow.

i don't know as much as the rest of the folks here, but i have seen pretty well every one at auction in the US over the past three years and i would say it was in the top two or three. by my look i think it was a proper car and the certificate and numbers were legit.

basically look to pay $200,000 US for one that needs a total resto (ie christies in greenwich conneticut) up to $370,000 US for a near perfect one like the UK one. i am talking prices for 1935/36 speedster models.

brent

• london
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
08 Sep 2005 18:58 #3655 by london
851 SC Speedster was created by london
Can anyone help?- I live in England and looking to buy an 1936 851 sc Speedster. Can anyone give me an idea of current values for a restoration/100 point car?Also is there any registry/person that i can check out chassis numbers etc. Can anyone explain what a 'A-289 Category1' certificate by the ACD means/ how do i check if it's an original cert etc- You can reply directly to my email if you wish- <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]- any help appreciated