Skip to main content

1935-36 Supercharger

More
19 Dec 2005 06:00 #4146 by Lee
Hey Curt, how you doing? Did you find the exact design for the s/c warming water pipes? it is my understanding this water was to warm up the gas in the S/C, not cool it and isn't really necessary. Anyway, i was wondering if you got the exact design. the ones on my car are touching the exhaust manifold, thus heating the water more than I would like. Did the original design go close to the exhaust manifold? Thanks Lee, <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

think driver; look at others

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Curt Schulze
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Mar 2005 12:38 #2914 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic 1935-36 Supercharger
I have enough 7/16 soft copper tubing to do a lot of superchargers and dual ratios. Are the superchargers cooling lines flair fittings, or do they have a ferrule that was sweated on. Since I have quite a few of the original fittings, I would like to make it as original as possible.
Were the S/C lines and fittings natural or cadmium plated?

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
18 Feb 2005 14:45 #2880 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic 1935-36 Supercharger
I have a schematic of the Auburn supercharger unit. We have tolerances that we've used successfully for many years. The original cooling lines were 7/16" and no longer available - you can use 3/8 or 1/2 inch with
modern fittings. We can show the oil supply and drain back lines. There is not a lot of factory data and most is not that good.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Curt Schulze
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 Feb 2005 18:43 #2865 by Curt Schulze
1935-36 Supercharger was created by Curt Schulze
I recently acquired a "basket case" 36 S/C cabriolet. This supercharger is a new ball game to me. Is there a recommended tolerance checkout, rebuild procedure? I have no cooling or oil lines. I need info on correct line size and routing. Is there a blow up diagram for the supercharger, much the same as thre is for the convertible tops?

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt