Skip to main content

20 Grand II walkaround before heading to auction

• 20GrandII
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Dec 2011 21:06 #21677 by 20GrandII
Replied by 20GrandII on topic 20 Grand II walkaround before heading to auction
Thanks much for the feedback. I am hoping we can find someone who can appreciate the practicality of the 2nd gen's along with the legendary style of Gordon's Arlington Torpedo and what it took to get this one there.

Gonna be a lot of fun in Arizona next month. Lots of energy related to this car in the last few days..

Met a lot of very cool original Duesy owners during this project and have the utmost respect for them. I certainly understand the difference between our project and any original car. Being a mechanical engineer, I am amazed by how many mechanical devices were incorporated into those cars. Doesn't look like I will ever be able to own one; this will probably be as close as I get..

Jeff Larson
815-985-3687

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
20 Dec 2011 20:35 #21676 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic 20 Grand II walkaround before heading to auction

alsancle wrote: I'm not a huge fan of replicas but that is really well done. I especially like your attention to detail in the interior. As the correct looking steering wheel and gauges make all the difference in the world. I imagine you will do very well with this at auction.

Agreed, it has been fun watching this come together. Very nice that you found a way out of the SB Chevy mold everyone seems to fall into.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike
8-100A

More
20 Dec 2011 17:59 #21674 by alsancle
I'm not a huge fan of replicas but that is really well done. I especially like your attention to detail in the interior. As the correct looking steering wheel and gauges make all the difference in the world. I imagine you will do very well with this at auction.

• 20GrandII
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Dec 2011 03:53 #21669 by 20GrandII
We are DONE (finally) and waiting for the truck to take the car to auction. Did a once-over look around the car with my iPad and wanted to share it because still photos just don't get it sometimes. The video link is:
... er&list=UL

As always, welcome any feedback. We are seriously going to miss this car because it was the most enjoyable project we've done yet. Based on the interested buyers I've talked to, I think it will find a very good home..

Jeff Larson
815-985-3687