Skip to main content

Twenty Grand II going to auction in January

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
15 Nov 2011 17:51 #21442 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Twenty Grand II going to auction in January
I would then say then "more of an optical allusion created by the 18" wheel verses a 19" rim. A 7:50 tire is a bunch of bulk and generally speaking tire width and covers will be the death of many ACD, AACA, CCCA member - I have been there myself on many an occassion as I love tire covers and a narrower tire is often the only solution (oh yeah, it is compounded by lots of pretty paint and chrome, not to mention weight of wheel and tires).

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2011 17:00 #21440 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Twenty Grand II going to auction in January

20GrandII wrote: Yeah, the tires are Bedford 7.50-18's because that's what was on the car when we bought it. The body-color spare tire side panels also came with the car and I did get the tire bands from the Indiana CCCA. They do appear a little wide though, and I had to put 6.50-18's on the spare rims or there would be a gap between the two.

Car looks great. It's the 18 inch wheels that make it look a bit "off" but there isn't much you can do about that.

• 20GrandII
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
15 Nov 2011 13:41 #21439 by 20GrandII
Replied by 20GrandII on topic Twenty Grand II going to auction in January
Yeah, the tires are Bedford 7.50-18's because that's what was on the car when we bought it. The body-color spare tire side panels also came with the car and I did get the tire bands from the Indiana CCCA. They do appear a little wide though, and I had to put 6.50-18's on the spare rims or there would be a gap between the two.

Jeff Larson
815-985-3687

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
15 Nov 2011 07:57 #21438 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Twenty Grand II going to auction in January
Not the wheels - they are proper reproduction and the Bedford brand tires are very appropriate as well. However, the chrome tread covers on the spare tires are wider than 1929-1933 style originals - the painted face plate though appears proper reproduction. The Classic Car Club of America, Indiana Region makes a very nice reproduction of the original style Lyon brand tire cover (both tread and face plate).

JMM

More
13 Nov 2011 18:21 #21426 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Twenty Grand II going to auction in January
I'm not much for replica's but this is very well done. The only thing "off" are the wheels which don't quite look right but I'm not sure why. I assume they are not 700-19's as the spare looks smaller and wider than stock.

• 20GrandII
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
12 Nov 2011 22:45 #21422 by 20GrandII
Replied by 20GrandII on topic Twenty Grand II going to auction in January
The 3rd page of the website shows the title being a 1984 Duesenberg SJ. This is also what the title said when I purchased it earlier this year. I'm guessing all of the second generations were the same way?

Jeff Larson
815-985-3687

More
12 Nov 2011 22:12 #21421 by xjn001
Replied by xjn001 on topic Car Title
How did you go about getting a title for this car? What is it titled as?

• 20GrandII
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
12 Nov 2011 19:39 #21420 by 20GrandII
Here's your chance to buy the one-and-only second-gen Twenty Grand. See www.1933twentygrand.com for details and the latest photos. We are committed to the Russo and Steele auction in Scottsdale, AZ Jan 18, 2012. Really wanted to keep this car for a while but things just haven't gone my way this year..

Jeff Larson
815-985-3687