Wide White Wall Tire Question...

• mark tyra
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Jul 2011 03:58 #20392 by mark tyra
Replied by mark tyra on topic Going Black
Hi Mike!

I should have known you would respond to a White Wall Question! I do admit that Black does work very well on your car.

I have been meaning to tell you and Joan just how much I loved following your journey across the country. I started late
into your trip but once I found out about it I followed you guys all the way back to Michigan.

We have a hard time just loading our car for a 3-4 day Auburn, Indiana Trip. You two are amazing! Thanks for sharing
your adventures!

I have posted a link to your story on my website and used one of your photo's for the July Speedster of the month.

Thanks again and see you in Auburn!
Mark

www.auburnspeedsters.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
01 Jul 2011 02:44 #20391 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Wide White Wall Tire Question...
See the light Mark and go black. Show those wheels off nicely. You won't have to constantly clean and worry when they will turn yellow.
Of course people will ask you if you can't afford white walls!
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• mark tyra
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
30 Jun 2011 21:02 #20387 by mark tyra
Wide White Wall Tire Question... was created by mark tyra
Hi Guys,

I need some input. I currently have a Glenn Pray Speedster that I am running Coker 235-75x15 Radial Tires with 3 1/8" Wide White Walls.

I need to replace my tires. I have no problem with the size that I am using but I am considering using a 225-75x15 just because they are a liitle narrower and not quite as tall. The question I have is wether I will be as happy with a 2 3/4" White Wall. That is a big as they come for 225-75x15.

My question is... What are you Guys running and if any of you are using the 225's with a 2 3/4" White Wall. Could you send me some pics so that I can get a feel for the smaller White Wall.

Speaking of pictures, I need some more Auburn Speedster photo's for the websites Photo Gallery. www.auburnspeedsters.com

email your Auburn's with 225's and or 2 3/4" White Walls along with Photo Gallery Cars to: <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Thanks for your help!
Mark
www.auburnspeedsters.com