Skip to main content

Twenty Grand project

• 20GrandII
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
05 May 2011 13:24 #20012 by 20GrandII
Replied by 20GrandII on topic Twenty Grand project
Thanks Mark, I'll be sure to get you some photos once it starts to look like something. I'll try the Duesy forum for parts..

Jeff Larson
815-985-3687

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mark tyra
  • Registered
More
01 May 2011 03:50 #19961 by mark tyra
Replied by mark tyra on topic Duesenberg parts
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the Club! With a Heritage II Car you are getting off to an impressive start.

I like the sound of your project... The Twenty Grand is a Beautiful Car. I had chance to view it in San Sylmar, Ca. at the J.B Nethercutt Museum.

You may try posting your questions and request in the Duesenberg Forum
and the General Discussion Forum too, just in case owners of Original Duesenbergs and keepers of Duesenberg parts don't make it to this one.

As your project progresses, please consider sending me some photo's for use on my website, www.auburnspeedsters.com

Good Luck!
Mark Tyra

• 20GrandII
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
26 Apr 2011 08:54 #19905 by 20GrandII
Twenty Grand project was created by 20GrandII
Hey All,

Brand new member. Just purchased a Heritage Duesy II that is in the middle of a conversion to the 1933 SJ Arlington Torpedo. Most of the body is done and I'm currently putting a supercharger on the 351W (factory 1984) engine and a 4 or 5-speed manual trans.

I could really use some help sourcing two key parts: (1) 12" headlamp housing and (1) right rear taillight mounting arm.

Otherwise its spinning and forming my own headlamp :( and 3D-scanning the left arm, reversing it, and 3D-printing a pattern to be cast ($2000) :(

It may be these have to be made because they are unique to that model so if anyone knows that to be the case, please let me know as well. It would save me alot of time searching for parts that don't really exist.

Any help would be much appreciated..

Jeff Larson
815-985-3687