Skip to main content

Suggestion for Auburn 2009 regarding 2nd Generation Cars.

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
24 Mar 2009 01:31 #13014 by jhcarlady
It totally depends on your definition.

My definition is as follows:
A replicar is a car that is made to look like the original, and may have some of the original components, however it does not have the original drive train or chassis.

A re-bodied car is an original car drive train, that has a different or largely modified body on it or an original body that has a different or largely modified drive train under it.

An original car, has the original chassis and the original body in an unaltered state.

These definitions leave all sorts of grey areas...Is it still original if it has fiberglass fenders? etc. How much of it has to be original before it's re-bodied? It is pretty clear it's a replicar if there is a modern engine and fiberglass body. Where it gets muddy is the variation between a re-bodied and original car.

This just my opinion and your definition could be entirely different. I think you will find that the cars that sell for the most money are the ones that have a History behind them, that are documented original.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
23 Mar 2009 17:12 #13009 by ilikescars
Here's an odd question: If you were to take a genny Auburn chassis & engine and fabricate a speedster, using all metal parts, would that still be considered a second generation?

Mark

• mark tyra
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
23 Mar 2009 11:36 #13007 by mark tyra
Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your help with the BOD motion and change in the classification designation for the 2nd Generation Cars.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
23 Mar 2009 02:58 #13004 by mikespeed35
Hi Mark, The motion I made at the BOD Meeting passed unanimously. Your plates will now say 2nd Generation.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• mark tyra
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
08 Feb 2009 05:16 #12683 by mark tyra
Replied by mark tyra on topic Thanks Mike, That was too EZ
Wow that was way too easy Mike!

Thanks
Mark Tyra

www.auburnspeedsters.com

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
08 Feb 2009 04:23 #12682 by mikespeed35
Hi Mark, you just did. I will bring it up to the BOD.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• mark tyra
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
08 Feb 2009 01:23 #12680 by mark tyra
In the past when we have shown our 2nd Generation Auburns, Cords and Duesenbergs at the Annual ACD Reunion. We are always issued the Paper Registration Tags (the ones that attach to our bumpers) with the classification "Replicar" stated on the bottom. Since the ACD club has a classification for our "2nd Generation" Cars and a place in the website forum, I think that our Paper Tags should no-longer read Replicar. What do you think?

I personnaly would like to see our Paper Tags and Show Classification stated as "2nd Generation". The Antique Automobile Club of America now has an official classification for "2nd Generation" cars to be displayed in at their meets.

What do you think? Who do we contact within the club to make this minor but needed change?

Let me know,

Mark Tyra

www.auburnspeedsters.com

"Dedicated to 2nd Generation Auburn Speedsters"