Skip to main content

Cord 8/10 brakes

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
12 Feb 2008 06:22 #9502 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Cord 8/10 brakes
I can, and have, but now they are starting to hate me. Sometimes I just have to keep my mouth shut.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hal Klassen
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Feb 2008 04:41 #9475 by Hal Klassen
Replied by Hal Klassen on topic Cord 8/10 brakes
Hi Mike, wait till my wife finds out about the eye dropper. I am getting too old and fat to jack the car up and bleed the brakes, so I was quite pleased my idea worked. One thing puzzles me, why can't a board member pick on Cord owners?
Hal, [former member and former owner of 2 1936 Westchesters]

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
09 Feb 2008 03:38 #9473 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Cord 8/10 brakes
I went to my local NAPA store and asked them for a brake bleeding eye dropper. Do you have a part No., they couldn't find one in there books? Just joking Hal. I have to have someone to pick on since I can't pick on the OTHER CORDS anymore.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• Hal Klassen
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
08 Feb 2008 19:36 #9470 by Hal Klassen
Replied by Hal Klassen on topic Cord 8/10 brakes
Parts and information. I discovered the original M.C. was 60s full size G.M. with 4 bolt mounting. Chrysler also used 4 bolt mounting, and the Dodge Dart was sold with drum brakes, no power assist into the 70s. [dual M.C.]--- Raybestos #36338. The mounting holes had to be drilled out to 27/64" and it is a bolt up replacement. There are some wierd hole sizes on this unit, but the following fittings work -- PAP-D7910, Wea-7828, Wea-302x3, a 3/16" double flare plug and connector. Remove the 3/16 line to the rear brakes from the brass block on the frame and plug. Use connector and new 3/16 X 20" [PAP AS320] brake line to MC. Run new 1/4" [PAP-S420] line to the MC. I bench bled the MC and using an eye dropper, filled the new lines with fluid and pumped the pedal a few times to get out the air, and all was fine.
Hal Klassen

• Hal Klassen
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
27 Jan 2008 23:00 #9312 by Hal Klassen
Cord 8/10 brakes was created by Hal Klassen
I just completed the conversion to a dual master cylinder brake system [without the failure warning light] and can post a complete parts list if there is any interest.
Hal Klassen #91