Skip to main content

Looks like Auburns are to be built in Auburn Indiana again

More
11 Sep 2007 14:30 #8018 by alsancle
Someone needs to explain to me how they actually make money. I know they paid Glenn Pray a nice chunk of money for the naming rights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
11 Sep 2007 04:32 #8012 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Two pipes
With two pipes through the fenders it must be a four cyl,right.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
10 Sep 2007 18:20 #8001 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic Speedster replicas
I think the builder should also keep the car looking authentic by having the exterior pipes on the driver's side only, and only two pipes through the fender. Maybe chrome headlight buckets with the reproduction headlight glass.

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
08 Sep 2007 01:04 #7959 by Mike Dube
None taken.

Mike
8-100A

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
07 Sep 2007 04:20 #7948 by Chris Summers

Mike Dube wrote: My 8-100A has always provided a reliable ride to Auburn and back every year. Has room for luggage too.

No insult intended! :D

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
07 Sep 2007 04:00 #7947 by Mike Dube
My 8-100A has always provided a reliable ride to Auburn and back every year. Has room for luggage too.

Mike
8-100A

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
06 Sep 2007 15:25 #7938 by Chris Summers
How The Company Will Get Me to Take Them Seriously:

> Drop the !@#$% "Shelbys" and concentrate on building Auburns. The whole "built-in-the-same town" thing doesn't work as well when there's a Cobra in the shop to mess up the illusion.

> Offer only authentic 1930s paint and upholstery combinations. (I once saw a two-tone tangerine replica Speedster, and I'm still having nightmares.) The exception: I would suggest waterproof upholstery and carpeting (see below).

> Stick to Speedsters. No dual-cowl phaetons (with all respect to Glenn Pray), no stretched four-passenger versions, and no side windows and bulky tops. These are two-passenger, totally impractical automobiles for driving in good weather. In case of foul weather, waterproof interior materials should be used.

Now that I'm off my considerably large soapbox...

One of these would be a great, reliable way to trek to and from the Festival each year.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• mark tyra
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
06 Sep 2007 13:12 #7936 by mark tyra
According to an article posted on the Indiana's News Center website, it looks like a Company called Classic City Motors will start building New 1935/36 Auburn Speedsters in Auburn Indiana.

I saw their display in Auburn last weekend and from some further web research it looks like they are using what is left of the old Elegant Motors from Indianapolis. The cars on display were OLD Elegant Motor pieces in various forms of completion. The Black Auburn displayed, I believe at one time belonged to Dean Kruse. Another web posting said that Dean was an investor in the new company. I hope that they build an accurate nice car.

Here is a link to the Indiana's News Center website. There is also a Kwik Movie interview with one of the owners.

www.indianasnewscenter.com/features/you ... 03546.html

Later!
Mark Tyra