Skip to main content

Help needed building an authentic Duesenberg SSJ speedster

• Built2Scale
  • Visitor
09 Oct 2007 18:57 #8332 by Built2Scale
Replied by Built2Scale on topic Pictures in your post
Thanks SO MUCH for the quick reply.

I hope to post the pictures of the model soon. I have been building models for over 20 years and this was the first Duesenberg that I have built--I did it in 32 Cord Geneva Blue with Baby Blue insert and Saddle interior.

Thanks again.

Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• acdclubadmin
  • New Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Oct 2007 18:41 #8331 by acdclubadmin
Replied by acdclubadmin on topic Re: Pictures in your post

Built2Scale wrote: My question concerns your pictures within the post. Would you please tell me just how you got those pictures into the post?
So far, I have not been able to figure out how to get them into a specific post.

Very easy to do! (You can only insert photos into messages that YOU wrote, not someone elses.) Read here:

forums.phpstack-1081784-3880776.cloudway...viewtopic.php?t=2448

Bill Hummel - Webmaster - ACD Club

• Built2Scale
  • Visitor
09 Oct 2007 18:07 #8328 by Built2Scale
Replied by Built2Scale on topic Pictures in your post
Hi George,

My question concerns your pictures within the post. Would you please tell me just how you got those pictures into the post?
So far, I have not been able to figure out how to get them into a specific post.
I have built a 1:18 model of the Dual Cowl Phaeton that I would like to post into the site--description is ok, but we all know that it is worthless without the pictures to go with the description. The kit I used was one of the Hubley Metal kits that were made in the mid 70's.

Thanks much for your help.
GAry Mertens
Mustang, OK

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
30 Sep 2007 06:22 #8216 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Tall boy
You're right. His chin is the same height as the top of the windshield. I bet the problem is a combination of seat height and the fact that he is a forward for the San Antonio Spurs.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
30 Sep 2007 03:01 #8214 by mikespeed35
It looked good until the guy got in. Either he is 7' 2" or the seat needs to be lowered. The guy destroys the proportions of the car.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
29 Sep 2007 07:26 #8208 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic SSJ
Hi George,

Any progress on this SSJ project of yours? While this one is not an SSJ, it is still a good looking little convertible. What do you think of this style?

• georgealbright
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
03 Mar 2007 02:41 #6496 by georgealbright
I am thinking of taking one of my extra Duesenberg Model J engines and a repro frame and cut it down to 125 inch wheelbase to built a copy of a SSJ body on it. I have an original Derham cowl that is vey similar to the cowls on the SSJs.The Derham cowl is all that is left of the Beverly/Clear Vision type sedan built by Derham on J-132. Keith Brown of Indiana has a Derham convertible sedan on that chassis now.The cowl came from the Karl Kleve estate,and is all that is left of the original body.Thus I am not "wasting" an original cowl. Obviously I now need to build the doors and rear of the body. I want to do it in metal,but we could begin with fiberglass pieces and build our wood framework around them,and then skin the wood frame in metal.Does any one out there have any metal or fiberglass copies of any of the SSJ body panels? What would be trick is if I could find part or all of a left over metal SSJ body that was built by a group of guys including Leo Gephart in 1971,when they sold several replica metal SSJs with modern drivetrains. Yes I know I am crazy,and wasting alot of time and money,but what the heck! Plus I am amazed that no one has built a replica SSJ body around an original engine. OK guys blast away! George Albright,Ocala,Fla Email: <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] Cell 352 843 1624

George Albright Cell 352 843 1624